Saturday, November 19, 2011

What marketing research job should I get? 10 points to best answer.?

I love the actual data gathering part of marketing research. I love doing surveys and using the data from those surveys to make charts %26amp; graphs. Most importantly, I HATE public speaking. I have 5 years of college under my belt and I feel as though my public speaking skills have gotten even worse. Even talking in front of small groups of say 3-5 people is hard for me.





My question is this: Are there any jobs in Marketing Research that don't require public speaking? Thanks a bunch.

What marketing research job should I get? 10 points to best answer.?
You sound like you would love a job on the QUANTITATIVE side of market research. Market research analysts work with the data and turn the numbers into easily understood charts and graphs.





CASRO is the leading U.S. market research organization. They predict a growing need for market research analysts.





Check out the CASRO website for jobs. Other good websites include Quirks and the American Marketing Association (marketingpower). For global opportunities, check out ESOMAR.
Reply:Absolutely there are jobs like this. Market research requires a lot of quantitative data analysis, drawing conclusions from the data that you've gathered. In addition if you like the less quantitative components of gussying up the data to look nice, there's still a role for you. Let the owners do the public speaking, and you go in there and tell them what you like about the field, and ask for an analyst or administrative position. Good luck!

CAT

No comments:

Post a Comment